Disqus Shortname

recent posts

Re-Designed: Pebbles

I am usually confident that what I have tweaked will work with no problems, and I put it on this site with that assurance. This is not due to my competence but rather it is due to the skill of the original template creator who has put together something that works flawlessly, which I only tweak. Pebbles is not like that. I am still putting it here because once I managed to fix some of the issues (not all by any means!) this is still a very good portfolio theme that allows you to use ultra large sized images.

It is not very often that I come across really problematic code when I do the editing. Mostly, the original creators have evverything beautifully organized in such a way that things are easy to find with the ctrl+F. This one here is the big exception: First off, the theme does not work in the way that it is supposed to do with a rollover overlay. What one gets instead is a huge big box of alt text that gives the entire code information of the image that you are hovering over. And there has been no way that I could fix that or even remotely figure out how such a thing could even happen. So, for anyone who wants to take a look at this - you will somehow need to figure this problem out, with it this is pretty much unusable. The post page has a big slider at the top - but again there are problems with this page since it is enormously wide, so it should really only be considered for a tiny amount of text. The sentences would simply be too long for people to be able to read.

Another big issue was the slippage on the left side of the blog. I managed to fix this in such a way that things are now adjacent to the left sidebar. I have tested this on different browser widths and it does seem to work both on the main blog feed page as well as the post pages. However the way that I fixed this was playing with minus margin values and width percentages. So, I cannot guarantee that it is all perfect.

The rest of the tweaks were the usual stuff - typography changes and so on. But even those were very hard to do since the code is all over the place.


Important! 3rd party responsive Blogger themes have a lot of quirks that you will have to fix which come about every time that you restore a theme. So, this is not something that I can resolve with my tweak, there are some things that you, the end user, has to take care of before the theme is fully operational. To find out what these are and how to fix them, please make sure you look at the Instructions Page > > > right after you install the theme.

Image Swap on Hover with CSS
Card Back Card Front
Re-Designed: Pebbles Re-Designed: Pebbles Reviewed by Elif Ayiter on June 14, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Error Page Background Image Url

ads 728x90 B
Powered by Blogger.