Disqus Shortname

recent posts

Re-Designed: Grider

When I first looked at 'Grider' I wasn't at all sure that tweaking this would be worth it - it looked so desolate. In the event I am glad that I did it because I now like it quite a bit. It took me a very long time to get the background image to work and those who want to use this tweak with their own backgrounds should be aware that they too will probably have to spend some time on it. From a technical viewpoint you have to pick the color from the very bottom of the image that you make and then apply that hex code to the background of the theme. However, that is not the difficulty that I have in mind. The difficulty lies in getting the top part to have tonal values that work both for the menu area and the logo area.

The image change was the big job. But outside of that I did the usual things: Eliminated color on all design elements - and there were a lot of these - and changed the font to something that allows for lighter weights - namely I switched from Raleway to Barlow, if I recall correctly.

A grid is always good for portfolios, and so is this. But, for a portfolio the designer or artist would probably want to change the background to something of their own, in which case, as I said already, I fear that that will require quite a few uploads and reuploads.


Important! 3rd party responsive Blogger themes have a lot of quirks that you will have to fix which come about every time that you restore a theme. So, this is not something that I can resolve with my tweak, there are some things that you, the end user, has to take care of before the theme is fully operational. To find out what these are and how to fix them, please make sure you look at the Instructions Page > > > right after you install the theme.


Image Swap on Hover with CSS
Card Back Card Front
Re-Designed: Grider Re-Designed: Grider Reviewed by Elif Ayiter on June 14, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Error Page Background Image Url

ads 728x90 B
Powered by Blogger.