Disqus Shortname

recent posts

Re-Designed: Nuri

Although the original template looked a bit confusing, as I worked on "Nuri", I liked it so much that I ended up making 2 versions of it. One version has an image background, and in the download folder there are a few more backgrounds to choose from. If you want to change the image that is currently on the theme with one of these, or indeed with one of your own, please search for "https://i.ibb.co/wZHvqD0/nuri-white-background-3.jpg" and replace it with your own image URL.

This intial info having been taken care of, here is what I changed: There were a lot of fonts on "Nuri" - some serif, others sans serif - none of them very good choices in my opinion. I replaced all of these with one single font, 'Barlow', which is a minimalistic sans serif that I knew would work very well with the visual confusion that can arise whenever background images are used. The little top pockets that the post title and info are placed are really nice elements, however they did need a lot of refinement in terms of spacing, alignment and so on. I eliminated the pink details - again, in a theme that is complicated through a background image, the less finnicky stuff one has the better - not that I am a big promoter of colored bits and bobs at the best of times.

I made the layout quite a bit wider. This is something that I almost do by default since it helps improve structural stability. And then, we come to the choice of background image: The original theme's image choice is a rather unfortunate one since it seriously clashes with the foreground. Way too much activity in those squiggly thingies. So, I changed them for something that is smoother, more flowing and low contrasted. The other choices in the download folder also follow that principle. Finally, the original "Nuri" had dark top bars on top of the sidebar widgets, those I kept as I also did the dark menu bar; however, I made all of these the same full black instead of having some of them be black and others dark gray.


Nuri v.1 Re-Designed Home Page

Nuri v.1 Re-Designed Post Page

Nuri v.2 Re-Designed Home Page

Nuri v.2 Re-Designed Post Page

Nuri Original Home Page

Nuri Original Post Page


Important! 3rd party responsive Blogger themes have a lot of quirks that you will have to fix which come about every time that you restore a theme. So, this is not something that I can resolve with my tweak, there are some things that you, the end user, has to take care of before the theme is fully operational. To find out what these are and how to fix them, please make sure you look at the Instructions Page > > > right after you install the theme.
Re-Designed: Nuri Re-Designed: Nuri Reviewed by Elif Ayiter on July 23, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Error Page Background Image Url

ads 728x90 B
Powered by Blogger.