Disqus Shortname

recent posts

Re-Designed: Sugar


This is a re-design where where very little was tweaked, to the extent where I am rather hesitant to even title this a "re-design":

The original creator had used a very nice serif font called Lustria, and initially I was going to keep this. However, when I tried using it for the logo typography in a large point size it lost some of its delicacy, so I changed it to another very beautiful serif font called Cormorant Infant which has the rare quality of also having a light weight. There are a number of Cormorant fonts on google fonts, one nicer than the other, I chose Cormorant Infant because of its lowercase letter "a" which has a nicely rounded form instead of the more Garamond type "a" that the others have. I replaced the rest of the fonts (and there were a number of them) with 'Barlow', which I know from previous experience makes a really good contrast to serif fonts.


Sugar Re-Designed

Sugar Original
I made the layout about 200 pixels wider which gives the whole thing a bit more structure and solidity, added a few strokes and that was pretty much it. I did however take the opportunity here to try out a large thumbnail random posts widget that I have modified from an existent random posts code. And finally, coming to the design highlight of this template we have the the posts slider at the top. This I left almost exactly as I found it - nothing to fix where nothing is broken...


Important! 3rd party responsive Blogger themes have a lot of quirks that you will have to fix which come about every time that you restore a theme. So, this is not something that I can resolve with my tweak, there are some things that you, the end user, has to take care of before the theme is fully operational. To find out what these are and how to fix them, please make sure you look at the Instructions Page > > > right after you install the theme.
Re-Designed: Sugar Re-Designed: Sugar Reviewed by Elif Ayiter on July 23, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Error Page Background Image Url

ads 728x90 B
Powered by Blogger.