Disqus Shortname

recent posts

Re-Designed: OmViral

With most of these I seem to have developed a routine strategy. The first thing that I usually do is make the whole thing wider. The second is to eliminate all of the muddy overlays on all the featured post gadgets and sliders. And then, once those basic things are taken care of I work on the details, which is colors and typography.

So, I changed all of the colors on this one to an almost black charcoal. When it came to the typography I kept the sans serif style of the original creator, however I changed the font from Raleway to Roboto and decreased a lot of the letter spacing. And then another thing that I am doing almost routinely is make all the small texts such as dates, authornames, post snippets and breadcrumbs darker. I realize that this appears to be a comon practice, making these things almost invisible and I see absolutely no reason why this should be so. Is it thought that people do not want to read these smaller texts at all? Then why have them in the first place? If you have them make them legible.

All this said, OmViral is a really good magazine theme with lots of category options, very well structured. So, one can only highly recommend it to folks who are in search of a blog theme for a magazine site.


Important! 3rd party responsive Blogger themes have a lot of quirks that you will have to fix which come about every time that you restore a theme. So, this is not something that I can resolve with my tweak, there are some things that you, the end user, has to take care of before the theme is fully operational. To find out what these are and how to fix them, please make sure you look at the Instructions Page > > > right after you install the theme.


Image Swap on Hover with CSS
Card Back Card Front
Re-Designed: OmViral Re-Designed: OmViral Reviewed by Elif Ayiter on June 16, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Error Page Background Image Url

ads 728x90 B
Powered by Blogger.