Disqus Shortname

recent posts

Re-Designed: Mago

With this one I made a pretty big structural change. In the original the featured post image at the top is confined to a single column. I stretched the image across the layout. This made the post title and summary drop below it which turned out to be a good typographic solution. And then, as I do with most of these themes I broadened the layout. But in this case I gave it a very big increase - close to 300 pixels. The drawback to doing something as drastic as this is that on the actual post page the text area will be very wide since I am not using the sidebar. But then, I am thinking that this theme will be good as a portfolio theme rather than a regular text heavy blog, and then the increaed post column will be an advantage since it will allow for big images.

The original creator had used a slab serif font, and I kept to that. But, I changed the font from Zilla to Roboto Slab since Roboto is a much better structured font. I used this in lighter weights and bigger sizes. And again, quite a bit was changed from lowercase to upper case.

So, here we now have a clean portfolio theme that I may well use for some of my own projects.


Important! 3rd party responsive Blogger themes have a lot of quirks that you will have to fix which come about every time that you restore a theme. So, this is not something that I can resolve with my tweak, there are some things that you, the end user, has to take care of before the theme is fully operational. To find out what these are and how to fix them, please make sure you look at the Instructions Page > > > right after you install the theme.

Image Swap on Hover with CSS
Card Back Card Front
Re-Designed: Mago Re-Designed: Mago Reviewed by Elif Ayiter on April 04, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Error Page Background Image Url

ads 728x90 B
Powered by Blogger.