Disqus Shortname

recent posts

Re-Designed: Best Clean

What the original template lacked above all else, in my estimation, was structure. This I fixed by adding 1 pixel strokes to the bottoms of the posts and all the widgets. And then the other big change was in the fonts, of which I thought there were too many. So, I changed Playfair Display (the font used in the post titles) to Josefin Sans which I then used consistently in all the widget headings and texts and the blog title which previously was actually a bitmap logo. But I used Josefin Sans only in uppercase since lovely as it is in uppercase Josefin Sans has a lot of issues when it comes to lowercase since the x-hieght of the lowercase letters is very low which makes the paragraph texts hard to read, and also considerably takes away fromn the fonts beauty, I think. And then another thing that I changed is the design of the "About Me" widget where I replaced the rectangular image with a circular one and also did a bit of typographic work. The code for this new "About Me" can be downloaded here > > >.

Best Clean has one of the nicest top sliders that I have come across, with a very elegant solution to the tyopography. And then there are also really nice sliders for all the posts on the homepage. So, this is definitely a good choice for people looking for an elegant personal blog template.


Important! 3rd party responsive Blogger themes have a lot of quirks that you will have to fix which come about every time that you restore a theme. So, this is not something that I can resolve with my tweak, there are some things that you, the end user, has to take care of before the theme is fully operational. To find out what these are and how to fix them, please make sure you look at the Instructions Page > > > right after you install the theme.


Image Swap on Hover with CSS
Card Back Card Front
Re-Designed: Best Clean Re-Designed: Best Clean Reviewed by Elif Ayiter on July 15, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Error Page Background Image Url

ads 728x90 B
Powered by Blogger.